Generator’s woodworking in Burlington, VT is a launchpad for professionals, beginners, and hobbyists alike. Woodworking projects include skateboard decks, guitars, furniture, bowls, signage, sculptures… even tiny houses. And so much more! Generator pairs industry-standard woodshop equipment (traditional and automated) with a community of collaborative makers sharing their knowledge and skills of woodworking with one another.
1. Get certified
Generator members need to go through one of Generator’s safety trainings and/or classes before gaining access to our facility. We suggest getting trained before becoming a member so that once you join, you can get right to work!
Those with previous experience may be eligible for an Experienced User Assessment.
2. Become a Generator member
As a Generator member who is certified to use our Wood Shop, you’ll be able to access the space and equipment during Generator’s open hours (except for certain holidays and during Generator’s class times, marked on a shared calendar).
Wondering what people are making in our wood shop?
Skateboard decks, guitars, furniture, bowls, signage, sculptures… even tiny houses. And so much more!
Check out the Member Made section of our website to see a sampling of member projects that utilized the wood shop!
Tool Trainings & Classes
To use Wood Shop equipment
- become a Generator member
- get certified through our tool trainings & classes, or through an Experienced User Assessment (EUA).
- Treehouse Hardwoods (South Burlington, Generator members get 10% off!)
- Clifford Lumber (Hinesburg)
- Exclusively Vermont Wood Products (Bristol)
- Curtis Lumber (Burlington)
- Russell Supply (Williston, equipment supply)