Generator awards six 2-month residencies per year through a rolling application process.
Makers-in-residence are selected based on their ability to leverage access to our physical space, machines, and learning opportunities, as well as their commitment to collaborate with Generator members in order to realize their vision and build community via their work.
– 2 months free membership (valued at $95/month)
– a 7’x8′ studio for 2 months (valued at $175/month)
– a $700 stipend to use towards Generator tool trainings, classes, and materials
– 77 hour/week access to fully equipped metal, wood, jewelry, micro-electronics and rapid-prototyping facilities (after requisite tool trainings, of course)
– access to a collaborative and skilled hivemind of 400+ Generator members made up of engineers, developers, artists, professionals, and entrepreneurs
* Housing is not provided
– are able to take the appropriate trainings a month in advance of their residency period in order to make the most of their residency
– use their stipends for educational opportunities at Generator and/or materials
– work independently
– work onsite as much as possible to realize their project and to build community at Generator
– provide a narrative description of their project and photos of themselves and/or their past work prior to their residency, as well as a residency report and 3-10 images of their project and process one week of the completion of their residency
– present a summary of their project at a public event organized by Generator alongside fellow Makers in Residence, scheduled up to three months after the residency (we work with all makers to find a date that works for everyone)
Application & Selection
We are currently redeveloping our Maker-in-Residence application process. In the meantime, please email Elliott Katz with questions.
CHECK OUT OUR PAST MAKERS-IN-RESIDENCE
Meet Edward Burke, Generator’s January/February 2017 Maker-in-Residence. It’s not hard to spot him whittling his stumpf fiddles in his studio…
Athena Kafantaris is a Burlington-based artist, performer and puppeteer currently working on massive, performer-operated dolls and puppets. She uses primarily…
September 8th from 6:30pm-9:00pm Sean Clute talk about the work he achieved during his time as Generator’s Maker-in-Residence. You will…