Want to tell stories, build an audience, and grow support for the makers, artists, and entrepreneurs bringing creativity and innovation to our community?
We’re hiring our next Marketing & Communications Manager!
See below for the full description of the position and application instructions.
JOB TITLE: Marketing & Communications Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Full-Time, Benefits
PAY RANGE: $20/hr+
WHAT IS GENERATOR?
Generator is a combination of business incubator, artist studio and classroom at the intersection of art, science, and technology. We provide the tools, expertise, education, and opportunity to enable all members of our community to create, collaborate, and bring ideas to fruition.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER?
Generator’s Marketing & Communications Manager connects our external community with Generator’s mission through storytelling and offering our program and events to a diverse audience. Responsibilities include leading and operationalizing an annual marketing and communications plan in coordination with the Program & Impact Director and Executive Director; creating digital and printed content; posting to social media channels; and keeping Generator’s website updated. They also play an important role in internal communications, ensuring that Generator members are able to access Generator resources in order to be successful in their projects.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION?
- Develop an annual marketing and communications plan strategically aligned with organizational targets for growing programming, membership, & fundraising.
- Develop and manage brand standards and their application to all areas of the organization, including but not limited to: website, digital graphics, printed collateral, and physical space including signage and decor.
- Create, produce, schedule, and maintain content for a wide variety of social media platforms–driving traffic to Generator’s website, events, programming, and fundraising campaigns.
- Manage paid digital and print advertisements and event listings.
- Coordinate production of engagement collateral in collaboration with the Executive Director to increase general marketing, branding, and development initiatives.
- Develop communication templates and support Membership staff in their communication initiatives with Generator’s membership particularly, in response to emergency or operational concerns.
- Track, create reports, and share out monthly metrics for social channels, website stats, and email marketing efforts.
- Deliver on corporate sponsorship commitments.
- Manage aspects of Generator’s website with the support of the staff team.
- Support events that engage Generator’s external community to promote the mission and highlight strategic partners and stakeholders.
- Work to build and engage a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and safe community culture with an awareness for racial and gender equity; physical and socio-emotional safety.
- File and archive Generator digital assets on a shared digital platform.
- Attend staff team meetings
- Support Generator with other duties as assigned.
WHAT ARE THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES THAT WOULD HELP SOMEONE SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE?
- 2 yrs+ experience in marketing, communications, and/or brand management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Suite; examples of both digital content and printed collateral
- Experience in G-suite (Google Workspace) is a plus
- Experience with WordPress or similar website builder
- Experience with Mailchimp or a similar program; experience segmenting an audience and managing drip campaigns and automations is ideal
- A knack for applying consistent brand voice to all written communications
- Photography and/or video skills ideal
- Experience managing a large library of digital assets
- HOW TO APPLY:
Applications due by April 19th, 2021 (updated 4/1). Interested applicants are invited to send their:
- cover letter
- three references
- one marketing/communications writing sample in PDF format (blog, article, etc.)
- 2-3 graphic and/or digital work samples in PDF format (could include social posts, videos, printed collateral, web pages, etc; samples can be shared in the PDF via hyperlinks, or embedded in the PDF)
Please send application materials to [email protected] as PDF files titled using the following format: LastName.Resume.pdf
Generator is committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective and thought. Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication styles, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.