What we’re looking for:
Generator seeks a dynamic, organized self-starter capable of providing operational support for Generator’s shared, community workshops and stewardship of its facility. Responsibilities will include assisting in the maintenance and oversight of Generator’s state-of-the art facility with a goal to provide a safe, reliable and inspiring shared environment for members, students, staff, and guests.
REPORTS TO: Facility & Operations Director
STATUS: 20-25 hrs per week
PAY RANGE: $18-$20/hr
Generator is a combination of business incubator, artist studios and classroom at the intersection of art, science, and technology. We provide the tools, expertise, education, and opportunity to enable all members of our community to create, collaborate, and bring ideas to fruition. Generator has over 400 maker-members and our outreach programming engages over 2,000 individuals per year in Burlington, Chittenden County and beyond.
Occasional weeknight and weekend hours required.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN
- Maintains a safe working environment per ADA, OSHA and other relevant health and safety guidelines; enforces safety procedures including hazard communication and secondary labeling programs; and maintains Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Models and promotes a safety culture (Safety Check!).
- Monitors workshops (including wood shop, metal shop, jewelry shop, electronics shop, rapid prototyping shop, sewing shop, computer lab) and general facilities routinely, including exterior spaces, to ensure that Generator’s safety protocols are easy to follow and are being enforced.
- Ensures workshop organization and cleanliness, maintaining process for recycling byproducts of Generator’s state-of-the-art facility.
- Assists in the maintenance and troubleshooting of traditional and automated equipment and machinery such as CNC routers, CNC plasma cutters, Laser Cutters, 3D printers, industrial cabinet table saw, knife grinders, industrial dust collection systems, vinyl cutters and others.
- Assists in updating equipment and shop supply inventories.
- Assists in buildouts and upgrades to facilities.
- Helps source materials for programming including tool trainings, workshops and special events.
- Assists with facility set-up for classes, tours & demos, large rentals and special events.
- Supports the Facilities & Operations Director and Generator with other duties as assigned.
- Attends staff team meetings
- Attends Board of Director’s Safety Committee meetings
- Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Art/Architecture or related field preferred.
- 1+ years experience with facility management with a variety of tool sets and mechanical systems
- Understanding of ADA/OSHA/VOSHA and a consistent “safety first” work ethic and willingness to keep up with a comprehensive safety training program.
- Technical skill set focused on fabrication in wood, metal, jewelry, sewing, electronics, rapid prototyping.
- Proficient with Google-suite and other organizational devices.
- Able to communicate effectively via email, slack channels, and in-person.
- Able to organize and prioritize a daily workload.
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast paced, rapidly evolving, collaborative team environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with decision-making skills and safety as a focus.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Must be able to move equipment weighing up to 50+ pounds.
- IT and networking experience are a plus.
- 3D modeling/CAD a plus.
- Customer service skills are a plus.
* For more information, see www.generatorvt.com
*Interested applicants are invited to send 1) resume, 2) cover letter, and 3) three references to email@example.com. Applications due by July 7th. Please send pdf files titled using the following format: LastName.Resume.pdf
Generator is committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective and thought. Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication styles, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.