We’re excited to share that we’re beginning our reopening process on July 1st!
Generator is committed to protecting its members, volunteers, and staff throughout the reopening process by following clear guidelines set by the State of Vermont and the CDC, and by going above and beyond with our own measures based on Generator’s unique operational requirements.
While everything is subject to change, here is an overview of what our projected reopening phases will look like, with more details about Phase 1 below:
All phases will include the following:
- Masks required
- Check-in and health screening upon entering
- 6ft distance required between people
- Mandatory orientation and VOSHA safety training for all members
- New membership sign-up process and agreement
- Reservation of equipment required (more details to follow)
- No guests
- No events
- Members required to clean tools and equipment before and after use
- No shared kitchen
- Increased cleaning and sanitation by members, volunteers, and staff
Phase 1: July 1st
- Studio Members & Volunteer Members; General Members who are business owners by appointment
- Hours: 10am – 7pm
- Capacity limits on each workspace (see above)
Some additional notes:
- Expect our appearance to change. Wherever it is possible, we are moving equipment around to make working while maintaining 6ft of distance possible. For example, we’re spreading out computers in the Learning Lab. Where it’s not possible to move equipment, we are creating acrylic shields to separate people while they’re working.
- We all have a part to play in keeping Generator safe. There will be a zero-tolerance policy for not following official protocols and procedures outlined in the new training and membership agreement.
- Volunteers are integral to our safe reopening. We’re increasing the number of volunteers to ensure we have a thorough and consistent check-in process and regular sanitation and cleaning happening throughout our open hours. Volunteers receive discounted membership in exchange for their service! Learn more about volunteering and apply here.
We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we move forward and we will share updates and more information very soon!
In the meantime, you can always contact us with questions.
We’re looking forward to seeing you!
the Generator team