Want to empower the next generation of makers, artists, and entrepreneurs by bringing innovative and exciting hands-on programming to our community?
We’re hiring our next Program Coordinator!
See below for the full description of the position and application instructions.
JOB TITLE: Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Program & Impact Director
STATUS: 37.5 hrs per week
PAY RANGE: $18 -$20/hr
Generator is a combination of business incubator, artist studios and classroom at the intersection of art, science, and technology. We provide the tools, expertise, education, and opportunity to enable all members of our community to create, collaborate, and bring ideas to fruition. Generator has over 400 maker-members and our outreach programming engages over 2,000 individuals per year in Burlington, Chittenden County and beyond.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A PROGRAM COORDINATOR?
Generator seeks a dynamic, organized self-starter capable of providing high-level coordination for Generator’s outreach and educational programs: youth outreach, adults & kids programs, community classes & tool trainings. Coordination will include recruiting and onboarding program instructors; scheduling programs & classrooms; securing materials; and preparing the facility. This position works closely with Program Specialists and the Communication Manager to support the learning needs of the community.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION?
- Organize and internally publish an annual production schedule for Generator’s programs to include, but not limited to: community classes, tool trainings, kid’s programs, youth outreach programs, & adult programs.
- Post public program listings to the website and coordinate the internal space reservations for all programming. (Google Calendar or similar app).
- Schedule and prioritize program work, coordinate with key team members and oversee daily program activities and operations.
- Coordinate & publish seasonal Program Instructor recruitment and training schedules to cultivate a team of dedicated instructors that fosters a culture of community safety and cultural ambassadorship for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture at Generator and provides instructors with professional development opportunities.
- Organize & archive documentation for Partnership Agreements, MOU’s and Contract for Services using shared folders in Google Workspace.
- Organize and archive documentation of confidential files HR files for Program Instructors.
- Purchase supplies and monitor program expenditures in alignment with program budgets.
IMPACT & EVALUATION
- In coordination with the Program & Impact Director, identify and track participation goals and program metrics to correspond with grant reporting and organizational planning metrics.
- Work with the Program & Impact Director to review standards in implementation of activities that foster creativity and awareness including various cultural, educational, environmental and social issues.
- Prepare documentation and metrics for funding requests, grant/sponsorship reporting, quarterly impact reports, and bi-monthly Board reports.
- Administer program applications and surveys following Generator’s diversity, equity and inclusion promise and necessary grant reporting metrics.
WHAT ARE THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES THAT WOULD HELP SOMEONE SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE?
- 2+ years experience in program coordinating.
- 2+ years experience in administrative support.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- In-depth understanding of Google suite and Jotform.
- Interest and/or experience in grant reporting.
- Experience in data management.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, rapidly evolving, collaborative team environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with decision-making skills.
WHAT BENEFITS ARE THERE?
- Free Generator membership and tool training as necessary; we are willing to train this person in our specialized equipment so they can provide support to members.
- Paid Time Off & Health Insurance Package
- Plenty of opportunity to grow professionally!
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications due by February 5th, 2021. Interested applicants are invited to send their:
- cover letter
- three references
Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org as PDF files titled using the following format: LastName.Resume.pdf
Generator is committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective and thought. Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication styles, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.