On June 14th, 2021 Governor Phil Scott announced the end of COVID-19 restrictions and requirements for Vermonters. Generator has taken the utmost precautions in managing safety in our facility since the pandemic began, and with over 80% of Vermonters now vaccinated, we believe it is safe to adjust our COVID-19 policies. These changes include:
- Lifting face mask policies
- Elimination of Health Screening from check in procedures
- Return of the standard Generator Guest Policy (including youth guests)
- Pet Policy clarification
Generator practices community & safety first activities every day of the year. Generator added new HVAC and HEPA filtration to key areas inside our facility and invested significantly in keeping our space clean, organized and open for our community. We have been humbled by your support and we sincerely thank you for the positive contributions you have made to Generator during this tumultuous year.
Current Policies & Procedures
Effective June 28th, 2021
Face Mask Policy
Generator no longer requires vaccinated members to wear face masks. If you are unvaccinated, it is recommended that you wear a face mask and maintain a social distance indoors. If you are vaccinated and feel safer wearing a mask, you are encouraged to continue to do so.
Youth Guests under the age of 12 must wear face masks indoors.
We encourage members/guests to continue to routinely wash their hands and sanitize shared workspaces!
Updated Check In Procedure
Generator no longer requires health or travel screening upon entry. We eliminated questions related to travel and temperature checks, but we do ask for your vaccination status. We also would like members/guests to check in and offer some details about what Generator resources will be used to help us improve scheduling in the workshops.
We continue to ask all members/guests to stay home if feeling sick regardless of their vaccination status.
Guests are allowed for professional development, educational purposes, and short tours. Guests must check-in and provide their name, email address and the name of the member they are visiting. Guests are not permitted to use Generator equipment. Members are responsible for their guest(s) and will be held accountable for damage or messes created by their guest(s), as well as ensuring that their guests follow Generator’s procedures/policies.
Youth Guest Policy (under the age of 18 years old)
Youth guests are allowed if accompanied and under constant supervision of a parent/legal guardian. Parents/legal guardians must make a request in writing and receive written consent from a staff member to have youth guests present at Generator. The guidelines for youth guests are:
- Guardians of youth guests must sign a liability waiver.
- Guardians must work alongside youth guests, who are not permitted to work independently.
- Youth guests are not permitted to attend our regular Tool Trainings. Guardians can schedule Private Lessons or Workshops to coordinate learning opportunities.
- Youth Guests under the age of 12 must wear face masks indoors.
Generator is a shared workspace and must remain accountable to the interests and well-being of all. Generator reserves the right to revoke all pet access to the building should managing the presence of member’s pets prove to be too much of a distraction, liability, or concern of our community. Pet owners must be good stewards of this policy to ensure the community can enjoy the benefits of allowing pets into the space in the future. Our policy includes:
- Pets must be fully trained and appropriately restrained by its Generator Member.
- Pets must be kept on a leash when in Generator common spaces and parking lots.
- Pets must not be left unattended.
- Pets are not allowed in the kitchen, bathrooms, or the Wood Shop, Metal Shop, Rapid Prototyping Shop, Jewelry Shop, Sewing Shop or Learning Lab. This exclusion does not apply to service animals as defined by the ADA.
- Members are responsible for cleaning up after their pet, both on Generator property and in the surrounding neighborhood.
- Any disturbances such as barking must be curtailed to ensure other members are not inconvenienced.
- Members are responsible for all property damages and/or personal injuries resulting from their pet.
- Members agree to indemnify and hold harmless Generator from all liability and damage suffered as a result of a member’s pet.
Questions? Please get in touch with us.