Want to empower the next generation of makers, artists, and entrepreneurs by growing and supporting Generator’s membership base?
We’re hiring our next Membership & Volunteer Coordinator!
See below for the full description of the position and application instructions.
JOB TITLE: Membership & Volunteer Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Full Time
PAY RANGE: $15 -$18/hr
WHAT IS GENERATOR?
Generator is a combination of business incubator, artist studio and classroom at the intersection of art, science, and technology. We provide the tools, expertise, education, and opportunity to enable all members of our community to create, collaborate, and bring ideas to fruition.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A MEMBERSHIP & VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR?
Generator’s Membership & Volunteer Coordinator is equal parts people person, administrative organizer, and systems thinker. They strive to meet the varying needs of our diverse membership while also strategically streamlining and expanding Generator’s membership program and offerings to be user-friendly and valuable for as many people as possible.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION?
- Staff front desk to welcome and check-in members, provide consistent presence and oversight to members.
- Provide excellent customer service to members via email, phone, one-on-one meetings, attending membership meetings, and participating in our online member forum. Respond to inquiries related to billing, tool certifications, events, and other members needs.
- Coordinate membership onboarding & offboarding processes including scheduling and facilitating member orientations, surveying, & and other administrative tasks.
- Coordinate Volunteer Member Program to include: Recruiting, scheduling, onboarding and supporting Front Desk & Shop Lead Volunteers in collaboration with core staff.
- Provide daily data entry, updates, and management of member accounts in MembershipWorks–Generator’s CRM.
- In coordination with the Communications Manager, strategize, evaluate and implement member recruitment and retention processes.
- Schedule and/or lead Generator tours for potential members and guests.
- Monitor and update member resources including member calendar, portal, how-to manuals, and policies & procedures to create a safe and welcoming shared space.
- Membership Engagement
- Organize Member Nights and other member-focused events
- Participate regularly in the member forum (Discourse) where they engage directly with members, answer questions, and initiative discussions, all while listening and learn from members about how they use Generator
- In coordination with the Communications Manager, administer surveys to learn more about member needs
- In coordination with the Communications Manager, draft biweekly Member Bulletin emails with updates and news relevant to members.
WHAT ARE THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES THAT WOULD HELP SOMEONE SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE?
- 1+ years experience with Salesforce, HubSpot, or other CRM or can demonstrate capacity to work with and learn software tools.
- 1+ years experience with G-Suite or MS Office Suite (word processing, spreadsheets, and slide presentations).
- 2+ years of customer service experience.
- Experience in data management.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a faced paced, rapidly evolving, collaborative environment.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Must be outgoing and the kind of person who doesn’t hesitate to introduce themselves to new or unfamiliar faces.
WHAT BENEFITS ARE THERE?
- Free Generator membership and tool training as necessary; we are willing to train this person in our specialized equipment so they can provide support to members.
- Paid Time Off & Health Insurance Package
- Plenty of opportunity to grow professionally!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application materials are being reviewed on a rolling basis.
No phone calls please.
Generator is committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective and thought. Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication styles, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.