MEMBERSHIP & VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
JOB TITLE: Membership & Volunteer Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Facilities & Operations Director
STATUS: Full Time in-person
PAY RANGE: $18-$23/hr
WHAT IS GENERATOR? Generator is a combination of business incubator, artist studio and classroom at the intersection of art, science, and technology. We provide the tools, expertise, education, and opportunity to enable all members of our community to create, collaborate, and bring ideas to fruition.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A MEMBERSHIP & VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR? Generator’s Membership & Volunteer Coordinator is equal parts people person, administrative organizer, and systems thinker. They strive to meet the varying needs of our diverse membership while also strategically streamlining and expanding Generator’s membership program and offerings to be user-friendly, welcoming, and support the continual and evolving collaborative maker community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide excellent customer service to members via email, phone, one-on-one meetings, attending membership meetings, and communicating on our online member forum. Respond to inquiries related to billing, events, policies & procedures, and other members’ needs.
- Coordinate Membership Program to include: onboarding & offboarding processes reviewing membership application, facilitating member orientations, reviewing payment posts, customer surveying, and other administrative tasks related to membership.
- Coordinate Volunteer Program to include: Recruiting, scheduling, onboarding & welcoming, offboarding & appreciation, data management, and growing this program to foster and encourage volunteering at Generator and grow an engaged community.
- Provide daily data entry, updates, and management of member accounts in Generator’s CRM & payment portals; coordinate with the staff team on data management processes to grow our audience.
- Strategize, evaluate and coordinate with the team to implement member recruitment and retention processes; Ensure surveys and member communications are consistent.
- Schedule and lead Generator tours for potential members and guests.
- Monitor and update member resources including member calendar & portal functions, how-to manuals, and policies & procedures to create a safe and welcoming space.
- Membership Engagement
- Organize Member Nights and other member-focused events
- Participate regularly in the member forum (Discourse) where they engage directly with members, answer questions, and initiative discussions, all while listening and learn from members about how they use Generator.
- Administer surveys to learn more about member needs, new member experience, and to keep a pulse on the community.
- Write and post monthly Member Bulletin emails with updates and news relevant to members.
- Attend staff team meetings.
- Support Generator with other duties as assigned.
- Attend and support events
*This position does require evening and weekend shifts.
- 1+ years experience with Salesforce, HubSpot, PayPal, or other CRM or can demonstrate capacity to work with and learn software tools.
- 1+ years experience with G-Suite or MS Office Suite (word processing, spreadsheets, and slide presentations).
- 2+ years of customer service experience.
- Experience in data management.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a faced paced, rapidly evolving, collaborative environment.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Must be outgoing and the kind of person who doesn’t hesitate to introduce themselves to new or unfamiliar faces.
- Free Generator membership and tool training as necessary.
- Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance Package
- Plenty of opportunity to grow professionally!
Please send a resume, cover letter and three references to [email protected]. Send files using the following format: LastName.Resume.pdf
Generator is committed to building a work community that is equitable and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective and thought. Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication styles, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.