Generator invites applications for the position of Education Coordinator. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Call 802-595-0605. Application closing date: March 13, 2015.
Generator Education Programs Coordinator
Generator offers training programs, workshops and classes as well as outreach programs for K12 educators and, from time to time, their students with the goals of providing exposure to the maker culture and skills-development in the areas of design, rapid prototyping and microelectronics.
The Education Programs Coordinator at the Generator works with volunteers, members, staff and the board to define, develop and deliver education programming that responds to the needs of greater Burlington schools and educators, the city’s growing community of makers and the workforce at large.
Key features of the Education Coordinator include instructional design, recruitment, scheduling and coordination, and program evaluation and assessment. Generator delivers education programming through certifications, workshops, and classes.
This is a part-time position (20 hours per week) position with the potential for growth. Compensation is $22.50 per hour.
- Maintain and market an engaging and busy schedule of certification courses, workshops and multi-week classes.
- Define education offerings and develop activities that are responsive to community needs and aspirations, including those of Generator members.
- Identify, recruit and manage qualified instructors for education programming and delivery, including certification, workshops, and classes.
- Carry out regular outreach to the K12 community in the greater Burlington area to assess learning needs and opportunities.
- Work with the director to track revenue and expenses and to develop fundraising ideas to support programming.
- Maintain up-to-date records of partners, participants and potential collaborators, working with the outreach coordinator to ensure targeted ongoing communication.
Generator seeks an outgoing self-starter to shape the direction of growth of this area of work. Core attributes include:
- Experienced, well-organized and persistent program scheduler
- Strong teaching background including activity planning and documentation
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written expression
- Entrepreneurial-minded with an ability to define earned income opportunities
- Collaborative orientation and the experience to build, sustain strong partnerships
- Familiarity with basic concepts of microelectronics, prototyping and design
- Natural affinity for maker culture and unsatiable curiosity for new ideas and activities