FACILITIES & OPERATIONS MANAGER
JOB TITLE: Facilities & Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Full-time, salary with benefits ($60,000-$65,000)
GENERATOR MISSION: Generator is a combination of business incubator, artist studio and classroom at the intersection of art, science, and technology. We provide the tools, expertise, education, and opportunity to enable all members of our community to create, collaborate, and bring ideas to fruition.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Facilities & Operations Manager is responsible for managing the general operations and use of Generator’s state-of-the art facility made up of six main workshops, artist/maker studios, STEEAM classrooms, and event spaces. This position is responsible for fostering an equitable and safe workplace culture by providing operational protocols for the community and collaborating with the program department to ensure proper safety education is provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
FACILITY MANAGEMENT & OPERATIONAL OVERSIGHT
- Coordinate with leaseholder per lease agreement; oversee facility maintenance plan: interior/exterior entryways, facility and equipment upkeep.
- Monitor the safety and cleanliness of the interior and exterior areas; contract vendors for cleaning, snow removal, maintenance, and repairs.
- Assure all tools, and machinery are safe, operational, and in compliance with OSHA.
- Oversee the creation, maintenance and updating of written policies and procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Manage Annual Maintenance Schedule; perform or delegate routine maintenance and repairs; schedule routine maintenance/inspections and emergency repairs with vendors.
- Manage general consumables inventory for shops and the general facility (restrooms, kitchen, computer lab, entryway, etc).
- Ensure proper security measures are in place: steward partnership relations with vendors of IT & digital security services, security cameras, and keycard access system to ensure reliable access, safety, and security.
- Manage facility build-outs, equipment acquisition/installation, and related facility upgrades; identify and work with contractors as needed.
- Maintain community incident reports and maintenance request system; provide transparency, communication, and create resolutions and documentation.
FINANCIAL & DATA MANAGEMENT
- Manage departmental budget.
- Analyze expense trends and identify opportunities for improvement and development.
- Provide project estimates for grant requests, fabrication projects, and large projects.
- Foster a collaborative safety culture and a community that looks out for one another.
- Maintain a safe working environment per ADA and OSHA guidelines; enforce safety procedures including hazard communication and secondary labeling programs; and keep Safety Data Sheets (SDS) up to date and posted.
- Effectively communicate standards related to stewardship and use of facilities to members and greater community: health and safety protocols, ADA and OSHA compliance, changes in use or safety of a tool or workshop.
- Ensure all protocols are included in necessary agreements and easily accessible by membership.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Supervise Operations & Safety Technician and Membership Coordinator.
- Oversee Volunteers in partnership with the team.
- Support recruitment strategy to grow a qualified team of skilled instructors, volunteers, interns, fabricators.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Staff the Board of Directors’ Safety Committee.
*This position does require occasional evening and weekend work.
- 5+ years experience with facility oversight with multiple tool sets & mechanical systems
- Comprehensive understanding of OSHA/VOSHA and a consistent “safety first” ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communicator and ability to work with many personalities
- Problem solver with ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and timelines
- Proficiency with CAD/CAM/CNC technologies a plus
- Proficiency with 3D modeling and Adobe Suite a plus
- Willingness to work nights and weekends when necessary