Want to empower the next generation of makers, artists, and entrepreneurs through providing high-level administrative support to Generator?
We’re hiring for our Executive Administrative Assistant!
See below for the full description of the position and application instructions.
JOB TITLE: Executive Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: 40 hrs per week
DATE REVISED: February 5, 2020
Generator is a combination of business incubator, artist studios, and classroom at the intersection of art, science, and technology.
We provide the tools, expertise, education, and opportunity to enable all members of our community to create, collaborate, and bring ideas to fruition.
Generator has over 400 maker-members and our outreach programming engages over 2,000 individuals per year in Burlington, Chittenden County and beyond.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN AN EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT?
Generator seeks a dynamic, organized, self-starter capable of providing high-level administrative support to the Executive Director and taking the lead on development initiatives. This position offers an opportunity to grow professional skills in organizational management, strategic planning, and development. This is a critical role for advancing Generator’s mission.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION?
- Support the Executive Director with high-level administrative duties as needed
- Assist in project management of Generator’s strategic planning process.
- Support fundraising events and activities as needed.
- Coordinate collection and documentation for partner agreements and MOU’s
- Coordinate collection and documentation of confidential files such as W2’s & W9’s for employees and outside contractors.
- Manage income and expense systems in coordination with outside bookkeeping services.
- Manage the calendar of events and executive meetings.
- Attend functions as the organization’s representative as requested by the Executive Director
- Manage development database by maintaining constituent information, entering new constituents and prospects, pulling lists and queries for planning, reporting and managing event invitations.
- Track pledges and process incoming gifts and distribute appropriate acknowledgments based on gift level.
- Staff the Board’s Development Committee meetings by preparing agenda items, note-taking, and assigning follow-through.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board to identify potential stakeholders and prepare moves management and solicitation plans.
- Prepare solicitation collateral.
- Assist in budget preparation, as needed
WHAT ARE THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES THAT WOULD HELP SOMEONE SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE?
- 2 plus years of administrative support experience.
- In-depth understanding of MS Office suite.
- Interest and/or experience in fundraising or equivalent experience.
- Experience in data management.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, collaborative team environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with decision-making skills.
Generator is committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective and thought. Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication styles, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
3/30/20 update: We are no longer accepting applications for this position.