Educator in Residence Program
Every two months, Generator welcomes leading educators into our community to tackle an educational learning challenge in collaboration with Generator members. The goal of the Educator in Residence program is to provide gifted educators in any discipline with access to tools and talent that will creative breakthroughs in instructional design.
We hope that this collaboration will lead to new approaches to hands-on, project-based learning in STEAM-related classroom activities. It is also our intent to provide teachers with a valuable mode of technical and professional development.
We strongly encourage you to spend time becoming familiar with http://www.generatorvt.com before you begin your application.
All of our residencies include:
- Two months of free access to the Generator facility and tools
- No-cost training on tools and equipment needed to advance project work
- A $500 per month stipend for materials and supplies
- Generator accepts applications to the residency program year-round; they are reviewed on a quarterly basis and offers are made within 30-days of the expected start date.
Expectations of the residency are that the educators will:
- Spend at least ten (10) hours per week at Generator working on their project
- Produce a lesson design that demonstrates ingenuity and technology integration
- Document their residency and share project documentation with Generator
- Present their projects to the member community at the beginning and end of their residency
- Acceptance is competitive and based on the ingenuity, feasibility, and scalability of the proposed project.
To apply you must:
- Be a full-time middle school or high school educator in a school setting
- Reside within ready, daily access to Burlington and have reliable transportation
- Submit a complete application including a well-thought-out project description
- Applicants who propose to work with another educator or a team are especially encouraged.