This is an old revision of the document!
The 4'x4' plasma cutter is an Arclight Arc Pro X 4800 with a Hypertherm Powermax 65 torch. The plasma cutter has a working area of 55“ in the X-axis, 69” in the Y-axis, and a max gantry clearance of 4“.
The plasma cutter is currently under construction.
|Model:||Arc Pro 4800|
|Manual:||See desktop computer next to plasma cutter for operations manual|
1. Inspect area for environmental hazards. Do not use the plasma cutter if there is water on the floor, or if the machine looks damaged in any way. Contact Ryan Melshenker or Kyle Werner with any questions about machine maintenance.
2. Drain the air compressor.
3. Ensure water table is filled to within 1/4” of the top of the slats.
4. Plug the white extension cable into an outlet, then turn on in sequence:
a. Surge Suppressor\\ b. PC + Monitor\\ c. Motor Amplifier\\
5. Using a USB flash storage device, move your .DXF or .SVG files into a folder with your name on the desktop. Files left on the desktop will be deleted.
6. Open your vector file in SheetCAM
7. Convert the vector file into toolpaths using the Plasma Cut operation. Ensure the selected 'tool' matches the workpiece.
8. Export the G-Code. Save under your folder.
9. Open G-Code in CommandCNC
10. Click 'E-Stop Active' to enable the motor controller.
11. Home the X and Y axis to establish a machine zero.
For availability and current status of this equipment, please see Tools Inventory, or the parent area under which this tool is maintained.
|Consumable||Part Number||Product Link|
|Hand Torch Shield||Hypertherm 220818||Hypertherm Website|
|Hand Torch Retaining Cap||Hypertherm 220854||Hypertherm Website|
|Hand Torch Nozzle||Hypertherm 220941||Hypertherm Website|
|Hand Torch Electrode||Hypertherm 220842||Hypertherm Website|
|Hand Torch Swirl Ring||Hypertherm 220857||Hypertherm Website|
|Mechanized Torch Shield||Hypertherm 220817||Hypertherm Website|
|Mechanized Torch Retaining Cap||Hypertherm 220854||Hypertherm Website|
|Mechanized Torch Nozzle||Hypertherm 220941||Hypertherm Website|
|Mechanized Torch Electrode||Hypertherm 220842||Hypertherm Website|
|Mechanized Torch Swirl Ring||Hypertherm 220857||Hypertherm Website|