User Tools

Site Tools


february_13_2017

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Last revision Both sides next revision
february_13_2017 [2017/02/15 17:14]
joshuamilesthompson_gmail.com
february_13_2017 [2017/02/15 17:17]
joshuamilesthompson_gmail.com
Line 24: Line 24:
 Member Intros Member Intros
  
-Lars Directors Report+**Lars** Directors Report
 Member Suspension: For allowing guest to use equipment . Member Suspension: For allowing guest to use equipment .
 You must be a member and be trained to use equipment. You must be a member and be trained to use equipment.
  
-Daryl and Lars have organized First Annual VCET Tech Lab Ping Pong Tournament. This is a singles tournament, probably around March Madness. We have 30 days to train! We will meet Sunday afternoons at 3pm.+**Daryl** and **Lars** have organized First Annual VCET Tech Lab Ping Pong Tournament. This is a singles tournament, probably around March Madness. We have 30 days to train! We will meet Sunday afternoons at 3pm.
  
 We do not have a head operations position, we have shop leads. We do not have a head operations position, we have shop leads.
Line 52: Line 52:
 600 cfm capacity air handling limits our use of the “Paint Room”. Currently it is for storage only. To outfit it for sprayed paint would cost about $15- $20 thousand dollars. This is not currently in the budget. We welcome conversation about whether this is a member priority, and what some creative solutions would be.  ​ 600 cfm capacity air handling limits our use of the “Paint Room”. Currently it is for storage only. To outfit it for sprayed paint would cost about $15- $20 thousand dollars. This is not currently in the budget. We welcome conversation about whether this is a member priority, and what some creative solutions would be.  ​
  
-Jean announced that we will look at and vote on Precious Plastics Proposal.+**Jean** announced that we will look at and vote on Precious Plastics Proposal.
  
-Jim and Alix presented. The project is about taking materials out of the waste stream. ​ Started with a conversation between Alix and Jim last summer. ​ A student, Peter, will be a senior participant for his senior project. ​ Others BHS Students will join the project as their interest gathers.+**Jim** and **Alix** presented. The project is about taking materials out of the waste stream. ​ Started with a conversation between Alix and Jim last summer. ​ A student, Peter, will be a senior participant for his senior project. ​ Others BHS Students will join the project as their interest gathers.
  
 Shredder is being made first: needs major blade that can be made or contracted out: Then a 2 HP 70 RPM motor that may be found or donated is what they are looking for. Then Injector,​making 3D printed game board pieces, phone, ski pieces.  ​ Shredder is being made first: needs major blade that can be made or contracted out: Then a 2 HP 70 RPM motor that may be found or donated is what they are looking for. Then Injector,​making 3D printed game board pieces, phone, ski pieces.  ​
Line 60: Line 60:
  
 UVM collaborators/​ Engineers ​ UVM collaborators/​ Engineers ​
-Daryl: ​ Blades made of steel on a plasma cutter. Hazelet+**Daryl**:  Blades made of steel on a plasma cutter. Hazelet
  
-Martin- At Injector stage will it be vented. ​+**Martin**- At Injector stage will it be vented
 +**Jim**- It would be used outside
  
 That is how we are trying to answer the question. ​ Not fully answered. ​ That is how we are trying to answer the question. ​ Not fully answered. ​
Line 70: Line 71:
 Does this have community interest and committed members Does this have community interest and committed members
  
-Peter (BPL student): Spoke about how students get the benefits of having projects. It will increase their creativity. It will help develop future makers.+**Peter** (BPL student): Spoke about how students get the benefits of having projects. It will increase their creativity. It will help develop future makers.
  
-The Vote : The Precious Plastics proposal was approved by a vote by the membership. The vote was all in favor, and we had enough members for a quorum.+**The Vote** : The Precious Plastics proposal was approved by a vote by the membership. The vote was all in favor, and we had enough members for a quorum.
  
-Joanne Kalisz: Interested in getting help to build a mobile market table/​trailer. She has hung a poster with some of her specifications. She has also started a thread in the google group.+**Joanne Kalisz**: Interested in getting help to build a mobile market table/​trailer. She has hung a poster with some of her specifications. She has also started a thread in the google group.
  
  
-Eric: Electronics Lab needs to be utilized more! Gary and Leisa have drop in hours +**Eric**: Electronics Lab needs to be utilized more! Gary and Leisa have drop in hours 
-Jean: What about Soup Thursdays?​ +**Jean**: What about Soup Thursdays?​ 
-Daryl: 3 Pm Ping Pong practice on Sundays+**Daryl**: 3 Pm Ping Pong practice on Sundays
  
  
-Paul, Eric(IT) and Josh will work to set up PCs outside of the learning lab. +**Paul****Eric**(IT) and **Josh** will work to set up PCs outside of the learning lab. 
  
 White board Community board space- One going up in electronics lab. Where else do we want one? Do we want a physical community bulletin board? White board Community board space- One going up in electronics lab. Where else do we want one? Do we want a physical community bulletin board?
  
-Evan: How do I suggest putting up a rotating gallery of member work on the walls? What is the process? +**Evan**: How do I suggest putting up a rotating gallery of member work on the walls? What is the process? 
-Jean: Talk to staff about what areas are available/​appropriate for this use. Get the conversation started on a google group thread.+**Jean**: Talk to staff about what areas are available/​appropriate for this use. Get the conversation started on a google group thread.
  
 The plasma cutter is not yet set up. Some parts are here but we are still waiting on others. Please put out an update on the google group. The plasma cutter is not yet set up. Some parts are here but we are still waiting on others. Please put out an update on the google group.
  
-Josh: We have had a survey. The survey results do not indicate a clear desire to change the meeting day. We are deciding to keep meeting on the second Monday of the month.+**Josh**: We have had a survey. The survey results do not indicate a clear desire to change the meeting day. We are deciding to keep meeting on the second Monday of the month.
  
-Daryl: ​ wants to look more into the times and Dates. He suggested alternating the day of the week to be more inclusive.+**Daryl**:  wants to look more into the times and Dates. He suggested alternating the day of the week to be more inclusive.
  
-Josh: Will post a new survey about meeting time. It will be left open for the month.+**Josh**: Will post a new survey about meeting time. It will be left open for the month.
 For the survey about meeting time, leave it open for a month to have a broader conversation. For the survey about meeting time, leave it open for a month to have a broader conversation.
  
-Kevin Winter: From Kalow was here to tell about help building machines with any of our members. He has fun working with people. ​ There are some benefits too. +**Kevin Winter**: From Kalow was here to tell about help building machines with any of our members. He has fun working with people. ​ There are some benefits too. 
  
february_13_2017.txt · Last modified: 2017/02/15 17:23 by joshuamilesthompson_gmail.com